Resin cast shapes like Sto Corp’s lightweight, flexible, and easy-to-apply StoCast Brick and StoCast Wood create the attractive, classic look of brick and wood facades. The resin cast shapes also offer long-term durability, superior sustainability, ease of application, and code-compliant construction. Builders can significantly speed up their timelines by utilizing resin cast shapes with prefabricated construction.
What are Resin Cast Brick and Wood Shapes?
Resin cast shapes provide designers, architects, contractors, and building owners with several benefits: aesthetic versatility, quick and easy installation, durability, sustainability, and code compliance.
Aesthetic Versatility: resin cast shapes give architects and builders extensive aesthetic flexibility.
- The aesthetic flexibility of resin cast shapes enhance curb appeal by allowing building design with curved wood and bricks.
- Resin cast wood shapes come in more than 45 distinct wood grain patterns with depth and texture, reducing the occurence of duplication patterns that are common with other wood look cladding products like finer cement.
- Resin cast bricks can create a unique look and also match the color and texture of traditional brick, which is vital for historical restoration or remediation.
Installation Benefits: resin cast brick and wood offers several benefits to builders that reduce reliance on skilled labor and hasten the installation timeline.
- Resin cast shapes work well with quick-to-install prefabricated construction.
- Builders can install resin cast brick and wood shapes on interior and exterior walls, soffits and any of Sto’s engineered cladding systems, as well as concrete masonry, concrete, and stucco walls.
- Resin cast shapes improve job site efficiency since they only require one trade to install multiple cladding solutions over the same building envelope to avoid material compatibility issues and transitions.
- Lightweight resin cast brick shapes are easy to handle and carry.
- Simple to apply, resin shapes attach with adhesive and do not require anchors and fasteners.
- Workers can easily cut the resin shapes to size with shears.
- Silica-free, resin cast shapes provide a safer job site environment.
Durability: Long-lasting resin cast will last the lifetime of the structure.
- Long-lasting resin cast brick and wood requires little maintenance and repairs easily.
- They resist efflorescence and do not crack, warp, or chip.
- In addition, you can enhance the resin shapes’ durability with various coatings that promote UV resistance or hydrophobicity.
Sustainable: Sustainable resin cast shapes reduce the carbon footprint by lessening the energy used in manufacturing, shipping, and installation compared to their traditional counterparts.
- Resin shapes save energy because they do not require the high temperature of a kiln, like traditional bricks, or the energy needed to cut lumber for a wood facade.
- A lightweight, thin resin cast shape means lighter shipping loads to reduce carbon footprint.
- Lightweight resin cast shapes also lessen a building’s structural steel and concrete requirements (high carbon footprint materials) for the building’s design.
Code-Compliance: Resin brick and wood are thoroughly tested and comply with current building codes, including NFPA 268, NFPA 285, ASTM E84, and ASTM E119.
Combining Resin Cast Shapes with Prefabricated Walls
Resin cast shapes applied to prefabricated engineered systems give building professionals endless choices in color, size, and texture to create beautiful aesthetics and ensure the durability and long-term performance of a building. In addition, a fully integrated, tested, warranted prefabricated finished exterior wall panel system from a single manufacturer ensures the success of a building project by lessening application variables.
Mixed-Use Building in Newcastle, Ontario, Canada
Owner: Gyaltsan Properties
General Contractor: Wilkinson Construction Services Inc.
Architect: Nick Swerdfeger Architects
Wall Panel Engineer: SkyRise Prefab Building Solutions
Onsite Assembly Date: March 2019
Panel Type: StoPanel® Classic NExT ci with StoCast Brick and StoSignature™ Stone
SkyRise Prefab engineered, manufactured, and installed 17,000 square feet of StoPanel® Classic NExT ci panels with StoCast Brick (prefabricated resin brick shape) and StoSignature™ Stone (a customized surface aesthetic) to achieve a historical look that fits in with the heritage brick facades of the nearby historical buildings. Moreover, Sto’s wall system provides long-term durability, sustainability, and reduced maintenance to withstand severe Ontario winters. In addition, manufacturing the panels off-site makes installing and working in constrained areas easier.
StoPanel® Classic NExT ci
Like all the StoPanel Technology Systems prefabricated exterior wall panels, lightweight, energy-efficient, and durable StoPanel® Classic NExT ci comes with continuous insulation, StoGuard® waterproof air barrier, and the patented “Sto Wedge” to provide drainage. It also has an expansive range of facade aesthetic options. In addition, thermally insulating the wall structure’s exterior with continuous insulation complies with current standards and codes (ASHRAE 90.1-2019 and IRC, IBC, and IECC – 2018 and 2021).
StoPanel® Classic NExT ci prefabrication provides several significant advantages:
- Reduces change orders
- Helps to stay on budget
- ݈Reduces delivery time and labor needs
- Improves quality control and assurance
- Reduces construction wastes
- Boosts job site safety
Prefabricated, customizable, and versatile resin cast StoCast Brick provided the traditional brick look the project demanded, with several notable advantages:
- The custom-made resin cast brick shapes come in 30 standard brick options or project-specific colors, textures, and patterns.
- StoCast Brick offers an ideal solution for renovation projects requiring custom brick matching.
- You can install StoCast Brick with Sto’s engineered wall systems or over above-grade vertical concrete and concrete masonry, along with stucco walls, soffits, and ceilings.
StoSignature® Impression Stone Finish allows you to produce various stone surface textures, ranging from smooth limestone to colorful granite. For this project, the authentic limestone look of the stone finish gives an elegant aesthetic appearance to the building.
B-Line Condominium Development in Toronto, Canada
Sto Products: StoPanel® Classic NExT ci, StoCast Brick, StoCast Wood, StoSignature™ Stone, and StoColor® Acryl Plus
Applicator: Skyrise Prefab Building Solutions
General Contractor: Skyrise Prefab Building Solutions
Architect: John Romanov | Romanov and Romanov Architects
The impressive B-Line condominium development efficiently came together thanks to Sto Panel Technology affiliate SkyRise Prefab Building Solutions in Toronto. However, SkyRise had to consider three main factors in order to make the project work:
- The desire of client/developer Marco De Simone of Royalpark Homes for a continuous insulation solution.
- The tight, constricted job site.
- The need to accommodate a complex design with multiple finishes.
Fortunately, the StoPanel® Classic NExT ci panel system with Sto’s nearly endless aesthetic selections provided one complete solution to accommodate all three of the necessary factors:
- The StoPanel® Classic NExT ci panel system, with continuous insulation, maximized efficiency and comfort.
- The StoPanel® Classic NExT ci prefabricated panels allow for installation in tight site constraints.
- Sto finish layer options provided multiple contrasting finishes without scaffolding, including StoCast Wood, a resin cast wood grain plank, and StoCast Brick, a resin cast brick.
Learn more about how StoCast shapes can transform large-scale development and download our extensive resin cast shapes article today.
Flexible, lightweight StoCast Wood delivers an authentic wood appearance with resin cast wood grain planks.
StoCast Wood offers several significant benefits:
- StoCast Wood offers architects design flexibility with 45 different wood grains and non-repeating patterns that deliver authentic wood appearances.
- Builders can stain easy-to-install StoCast Wood with StoColor Wood Stain in an extensive range of colors in a glossy or matte finish. You can also coat with any of Sto’s high-performance architectural coatings.
- Builders can install StoCast Wood over Sto’s engineered building enclosure systems, stucco, concrete, concrete masonry walls, and soffits and ceilings.
- StoCast Wood provides low maintenance and durability, reducing a building’s owner’s costs for repairs and upkeep.
StoColor® Acryl Plus
Acrylic-based StoColor® Acryl Plus provides a high-performance coating that protects against weather, environmental pollutants, and salts. You can apply it to protect vertical or horizontal concrete, EIFS, stucco, masonry, or previously acrylic-coated surfaces. It comes in various colors and has a satin sheen, making it a simple way to improve a substrate’s appearance.
Why Choose StoCast Brick and Wood Facades?
Lightweight, aesthetically flexible, and easy-to-apply StoCast Brick and StoCast Wood create the attractive-classic look of brick and wood facades in a wide range of colors, textures, and patterns. The resin cast shapes also offer architects, contractors, and building owners long-term durability, excellent sustainability, ease of application, and code-compliant construction. Builders can significantly hasten their timelines by utilizing resin cast shapes with prefabricated construction.
Contact the team of Sto professionals today at (800) 221-2397 for more on resin cast brick and wood.