Available AIA/CES Courses
Sto Corp. has developed a suite of AIA/CES Learning Units designed to help you stay up-to-date on best business practices and specifications. Our instructor-led individual courses cover a wide range of topics.
Register below and we will schedule a lunch and learn or webinar that will bring our experts to your team.
Air Barriers for Exterior Walls
- Understand the causes and effects of air leakage on the structure and occupant.
- Review what an air barrier is, the components, and its integration into the building design and how it differs from a vapor barrier.
- Summarize the standards and building codes that affect the use of air barriers.
- Identify the advantages of fluid applied air/moisture barriers.
Advanced Cavity Wall Systems: Integrating Air Barriers, Drainage and Continuous Insulation in Wall Assemblies
- Summarize building code requirements related to air barriers and continuous insulation and describe primary purpose of each in building enclosure design.
- Describe the importance of drainage and drying in wall assemblies.
- Summarize fire testing requirements related to Water Resistive Barriers (WRB) and Continuous Insulation (c.i.)
- List the three components of Advanced Cavity Wall Systems and weigh the advantages of a systems approach to incorporating them into the building enclosure design.
Modern Prefabrication and Panelization
- Recall the history of prefabrication.
- Understand the benefits of panelization and how these benefits positively impact quality and efficiency while providing a variety of aesthetic options.
- Discuss the key items necessary for potential candidates of panelized construction.
- Review how to integrate panelization into design to ensure successful implementation during the construction of a project.
Design and Detail for Continuous Insulation and Air Barrier Systems
- Understand the components of an Continuous Insulation (ci) system and visualize the various looks that can be achieved with specialty finishes in a light-weight cladding.
- Understand how the attention to critical details by the use of flashings, sealants and sequence can lead to a well-designed worry-free cladding.
- Learn the proper detailing for a successful Continuous Insulation installation.
- Comprehend how Continuous Insulation (ci) and Air Barriers (AB) can help meet new code requirements.
Critical Details for Continuous Insulation and other Wall Coverings.
- Identify different types of Continuous Insulation Systems and their components.
- Summarize the design of different types of Continuous Insulation Systems and compare their features and limitations.
- Review basic design requirements for Continuous Insulation.
- Understanding flashings and sealant with Continuous Insulation to create a weatherproof building envelope.
Please complete the form and a Sto Sales representative will contact you to schedule a time/date for a presentation. Courses are provided at your office location or at the Sto Institute in Atlanta, GA.